Are you an empath? Let’s start with the definition. Having empathy for others means you have the capacity to understand or feel what another person is feeling literally within their frame of reference. It’s like you can place yourself in another’s position as if you’re experiencing it yourself.
Here are 6 undeniable signs you’re an empath…
- You have felt different from others since you can remember.
- You crave meaningful, deep connections and always search for something bigger.
- You have the ability to sense if someone is lying or feeling uncomfortable.
- You need a minute to breathe, recharge and digest what might be going on around you or in your life.
- You enjoy time alone and calm; large crowds overwhelm you.
- You can’t watch negative news, violent or sad movies because you’ll carry it with you for days.
Being an empathetic person is an extremely special superpower. Embrace it and use this incredible quality to helps others, work in an occupation of service, or just positivity affect people’s lives. But be aware that taking on what others are going through can also be exhausting, so be sure to surround yourself with those who appreciate your highly sensitive nature.